Research In Motion (RIM), makers of BlackBerry smartphones, reduced prices of its Blackberry PlayBook tablet Wednesday by half for the festive season.
The 16 GB version of the Blackberry PlayBook is being sold at Rs 13,490 till December 31, 2011 down from of Rs 27,990, a spokesperson said. Price for 32 GB version has been reduced to Rs 15,990 from Rs 32,990 and and 64 GB version will cost Rs 24,490, down from Rs 37,990.
Sales in the tablet segment in India are expected to touch 1 million units over the next 12 months, say analysts which is many times lower than cell phone sales in the country.The Indian government launched Aakash, the world’s cheapest tablet, at just $35. The same tablet has now become available commercially at a little over $60.
HTC and Huawei launched their tablets while Indian service provider Reliance Communications Ltd. launched its Android tablet at Rs 12,999. Beetel launched Magiq at Rs 9,999 and so many tablets were launched in last few months like iBall,HCL,etc,but none of them were able to make a significant presence in Indian market.
Unique features of Blackberry Playbook
- BlackBerry Tablet OS
- 1 GHz Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 (Cortex-A9 dual-core)
- 1GB RAM
- 7″ LCD Display 1024×600(WSVGA)16:9 aspect ratio with 1080p HDMI output
- PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- Stereo microphones,loudspeakers and Full HD Playback
- Video Formats Supported:H.264, MP4, WMV
- Audio Formats Supported:MP3, AAC, WMA
- Capacitive 4-point multi-touchscreen
- GPS,3-Axis Accelerometer,Gyroscope,Magnetometer
- 5 megapixels Primary CAM with Full HD Recording at 1920 x 1080, Auto Focus
- 3MP Secondary CAM for Video Chatting
- HDMI output
- 5300 mAh Lithium – Polymer Battey
- Other features Include a 3.5 mm Headphone Jack,MicroUSB 2.0,Bluetooth v2.1 [Supported Profiles (EDR, A2DP)]
Well at this price, you are getting features,that u just cant imagine.This is one of the best deal for the New year. Also with the android App player leaked,some of the new customers may be surely happy to get it. So are you buying a Blackberry Playbook this New year?