Windows 7, launched in 2009 officially by the Microsoft, was a total upgrade the operating system and thus, the efficiency of the system. The new window management features are being added to the windows system and is upgraded to the easy user interface. People can easily format pr customize the basic functions of Windows 7 on their own. Some basic functions such as windows partitioning can be done easily by the naïve persons only. With the help of some easy manual, one can get the desired volumes of the hard disk on their devices. The partitioning of the disks not only makes the data of the system organized in an easy manner but, also aids in the process of formatting the corrupted or abrupt data from the system. The disk management also leads to the better performance of the operating system and other applications being run on it. The divide and rule policy applies correctly here with the partition of various software programs and other storage data on your device. The defragmentation of the disks is most preferable among people because of its alluring beneficiaries.
Here are the easy steps to get over the process of disk management of windows partitioning in an easy manner for both 32 bit and 64 bit windows:
- Windows 7 has a built in disk management tool to manage the disks partitions in desired volumes of users choice, which sums up to be equal to the total data storage capacity of your hard disk drive.
- One of the most opted methods to customize disk volumes is to go to Start and then go to Control Panel and then further inch towards the Administrative Tools. Here, you will get the window for the disk management.
- If you do not find this option in your device, you can also type the word “partition” in the search box and then choose the option ‘Create and format hard drive partitions’.
- Another option for disk management is to open console and type diskmgmt.msc as a command to the system and a window will be opened in an instant on the press of enter.
- From the bubbled window, the user can customize any type of hard drive, optical drive and flash drives with the desired partitions. One can right click on the volume to be partitioned and then choose the ‘Shrink Volume’.
- The system will analyze the contents of the disk and then a box will be opened that will ask you for the space you want to allot to the new disk and the name for the new disk.
- The dialog box will be comprised of various attributes such as total size before shrink in MB, Size of available shrink space in MB, Enter the amount of space to shrink in MB and total size after shrink in MB.
- There are some files that can be defragmented and one must allot the space in accordance to that only.
- This will give you a new partitioned disk of your choice. You can create other disks in a similar manner and thus, attain a well organized data in your system.
With extreme fragmentation, there might be call for problems in your system. It is better to take a back up of your data while doing this process. Users can also resize the partitions from the guide to resize partition windows 7 and increase space in c drive through tutorials of increase space in c drive.
About the Author: Aman Sareen is the Smart Insights Expert Digital Marketer advising on more effective eCommerce approaches. He is a passionate blogger Love to travel, enjoy the different continental food and fashion lover. He had rich of experience in SEO, PPC and Content optimization . With a vast array of experience in online marketing. He had great expertise in to develop a strategy in Online marketing to explore business and provide better ROI Solutions and approach to online marketing is both refreshingly energetic and commercially astute. He do regularly blog on topics such as search engine marketing and eCommerce and a contributor to several US and Canadian blogs. You can reach him at jbizmedia, twitter, facebook, google+, and linkedin.